Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Laptop Case from Old Jeans and Pajamas

My computer is in need of a (cute) laptop case. With hundreds of laptop case tutorials that I found on the internet, I decided to make one of it. My laptop case is just an ordinary case. However, it's special to me because I used my already torn fav jeans and pajama. I also fell in love with the fabric combination, which makes it more special for me.

For the fastener, I used a black long velcro on the flap. I also added some pocket with elastic on the front so I can put the power supply and other stuffs in it. Unfortunately, the pocket is just too low. When I used the bag, I was afraid that the stuffs that I put inside the pocket will come out. Thank God it didn't, but still... For the strap, I only use the usual webbing that I always use. However, I attach it to a clasp, so I can use the case without the strap.

Yesterday, I used this case a bag. It's possible, but the shape didn't turn out very good. It seems I used the wrong foam for the interfacing. And if I want to make it as a bag too, I should make a small pocket inside. I can't live without inside pocket! I need a safe place where I can put my small things easily.

So, here it is, Lino's not very new laptop case :D












Cheers!

Fili&Lino

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 You can always start to try, it's not as difficult as you think. Meanwhile, in case you're interested, we're running a giveaway competition at the moment. Please feel free to join the competition.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this is really pretty. I've been trying to make my own just like this, but sadly, it's futile. I don't have a sewing machine so I sew it by hand... and I'm not really the most focused person in the world so I don't get anything finished if I do it by hand. Haha!

    But this is really pretty. I hope I can finish mine soon.

    Thanks for sharing this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much <3 Wow, you really have a very goo willpower to finish this with hand sew! Anything is possible, and craft is addicting. Once you start, somehow you'll get into a point where you don't want to stop. We're sure you'll get there somehow :)

      Thank you very much. And if you're interested, we're running a giveaway competition at the moment. Please feel free to join it.

      Cheers!

      Delete